An Optus email account allows you to access your email using many popular email client programs, such as Microsoft Outlook. In order to set up your Optus email, you will need some important information from Optus, such as the addresses of the incoming and outgoing mail servers and your Optus log in name. Once you have this information, you can set up your own email client to retrieve your Optus email easily .
Steps To Create A Optus Email Account:
- Open your email program, like Microsoft Outlook. Just below it is “File” menu on the top toolbar, select “Accounts” and then choose the option for adding account
- Set the account type to “Mail” if required, then select “Add.”
- Type the name you wish the recipients to see in the “Display Name” field, then click “Next.”
- Enter your Optus email address in the email address field. This is your Optus username alongwith @optusnet.com.au.
- Set up your incoming mail server options. Select “POP3” as the server type, then enter mail.optusnet.com.au in the incoming mail server field.
- Set up the outgoing mail server by entering mail.optusnet.com.au in the outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, then choose “Next”
- Enter your Optus username and password into the username and password fields. Tick the box to remember the password, then click “Next” Select the “Finish” option and your Optus email account is set up and ready to use.
It is there that these steps will help you create the new or additional account then these steps is the best option also if that does not work you are not able to create the Optus email account then you can contact Optus email support phone number and then you can directly speak to the customers and they will help you in creating a new account along with that they will provide the additional and essential information as to what needs to be done and how and so on which can be very beneficial too.